I'm quite a bit overwieght myself & I couldn't see me doing this, but...

Do you think an overweight or obese person should be able to sue a fast food place because they can't fit into their seats? Or sue them because their food has added to their obesity? I've heard of both such lawsuits, being filed. What do you think of this? I'm just curious.

BlessedMommy64

Asked by BlessedMommy64 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's stupid. Everyone wants to sue everyone else over the most ignorant things. It's disgusting. People need to quit looking for easy money and start taking responsibility for their own actions.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i think its ridiculous
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Overweight people don't have a right to sue fast food places. No one made them go there. No one made them eat there.
    Anonymous

• I think that its stupid. You cant sue someone for eating their food. If you think it makes you fat, then dont eat it.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think it is stupid and rediculous. If ppl eat the food then it is their fault that they cant fit into the seats or that they are obese. It is no one elses fault but their own. I mean I am overwieght/obese but I think it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Its your own damn fault.
    Jordies_Mommy07

Answer by Jordies_Mommy07 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think its crazy. And that its just a way for someone to not take responsibility for their lack of will power. Alcoholics can't sue liquor stores, right? Whats the diff? Its about your own lack of self control.
    Anonymous

• I think its absurd. Fast food is obviously not meant to sustain you on a regular basis and should not be a replacement for your normal meals. If you choose to eat a ton of it, it is the same as you (not you directly) going out and buying a bunch of junk food and getting fat off of that, then suing the junk food company.

People that sue for this kind of sh*t need to take some personal responsibility for the choices that they have made in life that have led them to this lifestyle, instead of blaming other people.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• aliciatron took the words out of my mouth.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Answering my own question... I question the intelligence,or should I say, LACK THEREOF, and integrity of any attorney who would initiate such a lawsuit. I agree that people need to take responsibility for their own life situations and stop using it to play the victim. If you cant' fit into the seats, you probably have eaten there a bit too often and should make better food choices. Or lose weight so you can fit!

Thanx for your input!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i think we should also be able to sue the TV companies/stations for rotting our kids brain because we let them sit in front of it all day!
    and we should sue the teachers when our kids dont pass a test, and sue the clothing companies because their jeans "make our butts look fat"
    and i'm sure they're other things along the same lines that i can't think of right now
    maybe i should sue CafeMom when i get carpul tunnel syndrome from typing all day?
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009