Pregnant and doesn't know it.

I have heard of this happening to woman before I just couldn't believe it. I am really you don't notice the weight gain or kicking or anything. Anyway, My sister's friend has been having some issues for a few weeks. She didn't really think anything about them. Well, yesterday she was rushed to the emergency room. She was going into labor. Anyone else experience this or no of someone that has?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2012 in Pregnancy

• nope- it boggles my mind how you can JUST NOT KNOW...I mean there HAS to be some sort of sign that something is up!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• It happened to my sister in law some years ago. My dad was at my brother and SIL's place when she said she wasn't feeling well and had a hell of a stomach ache. They called the emergency number because they thought she had appendicitis. When the firefighters arrived, they looked at her and then "Nope, you'r einto labor. you're going ot have a baby".
    I still can't believe it's possible to NOT know you are pregnant. Same goes for my brother. How could he not see the change into his wife ?
    And she did the same thing just a few months ago : in may, she told us she was going to have a baby in june but didn't know until now that she was pregnant... It's hard to believe when we all knew she was pregnant when we saw her in january ....
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• friend of mine was er nurse
    she told story of woman that came in for severe stomach ache
    had baby within one hour
    she had been trying to get pregnant but was very over weight and could not (she thought)
    imagine calling your husband, telling him you are in er, then he shows up and he is a father

baffles me
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I went 28 weeks without knowing, found out by accident. My cousin went full term without knowing. We aren't fat, we're thin and tall, we just carry really, really weird. No symptoms, nothing.
    Moseley

Answer by Moseley at 10:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• A lot of the women that this happens to are overweight which means that their size change isn't obvious (and some of them don't gain anyway) and that they feel movement less. The chances are that they take the movement for gas. Also, when you're severely overweight your periods are often irregular. A lot of these women are around the 40ish mark too so they just think they're hitting pre-menopause ...

The slender ones that it happens to are the ones that I can't get my mind round.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 10:12 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I have heard of cases but never known anyone like this.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I never believed it before, I asked my fiance about it years back when I heard of this before and he was telling me he didnt believe it, it was probably them been in denial and didnt want to accept it or they hid it from family. But then i did some research and I heard and read stories. Its pretty amazing that this actually happens to some women.
    I have seeing a tv show twice where its based on they didnt know they were pregnant. Pretty amazing stories.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I cannot imagine it happening to anyone but the very overweight. Heck, I KNOW i'm pregnant. no mistaking!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2012