Is being in the Army a good option for an engaged father?

We are considering it...

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think that is a very personal decision, and would have to based on a lot of different aspects of your life.
    Anonymous

• Well I don't know your circumstances but it is an option. I am an Army Wife so if you have any specific questions feel free to message me and I can try and help you.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Well, In my opinion, the AIr Force is a better way to go for a man with a family. Their training is often shorter, deployments are MUCH shorter, family housing is much nicer, and the AIr Force is more family centered. I say this from experience. My husband has been active duty Air Force for 12 years. I have friends who are Army and I know their situations. Their hubbys are often deployed for 8-12 months or longer, their housing is not up to the same code as Air Force, and for the Army its much more about the solider fulfilling the mission than the military helping the families. I enjoy the military lifestyle very very much. We have 3 kids (11, 10, and 4) and have been in since my oldest was only 1 month old. It's been so great for us! If you want more info, send me a message!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My fiance joined right b4 we had are dd...its very hard on all of us but its made us a stronger family but at times its very hard...i wish u good luck
    MiasMommy6908

Answer by MiasMommy6908 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009