How can I get my daughter to eat fruits and vegetables when i don't eat them?

I have always been a very picky eater and I have never liked any fruits or vegetables. But i don't want my child to have these same horrible habits. Does anyone know something I could try?

Ryansmommy33

Asked by Ryansmommy33 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Well, your taste buds are continuously changing, so you could try eating them anyways, just a couple to set a good example.

Or you could do like I will do, and make all the foods possible available to her, and let her make her own choices on what she does and does not like. For example, neither me or my SO eat tomatoes, but I will have them available to her for salads, tacos, etc. and she may eat them if she so chooses.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i eat fruits and veggies and i still cant get my kids to eat them.. but i will tell you what i do so i can get them the fruits and veggies. the love that juicy juice harvest surprise and also have u tried the v8 juice that is blended with fruit?
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 2:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't eat any fruit at all and only a couple different kinds of veggies but I have been giving fruits & veggies to my kids since they were babies and I make a veggie every night with dinner and make them eat it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my kids love those V8 splashers.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• For your own health, you should try eating them with your child. Try different methods of preparation to see if you like them better. Most any vegetable can be roasted and come out 1000 times better than if you just steamed it. Roasted cauliflower is especially good. Make sure you offer her a wide variety of fruits and vegetables for the best nutritional profile. Don't limit it to what you are willing to eat. Since tastes change, you might find there are more than you realize that you will enjoy eating...and for that reason as well, you should offer a fruit or vegetable more than once before deciding if they like it or not.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Eat your fruits & veggies and your kids will follow.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Juice Plus puts out a great gummy supplement for kids that has all the daily fruits and veges needed in a days diet. That is a great way to make sure that she is getting what her body needs if she is a picky eater. You should also make her eating experience a fun one.
    snaprcat1

Answer by snaprcat1 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009