Help calming my nerves...

I need help calming my nerves. We are trying to concieve, but my period has been screwed up since the birth of my daughter. I have been on pills to regualte my period but it has not worked. My doc told me to take ovulation tests and I took all 7 and nothing. Now I have to go back in and get a bunch of tests done. She said its' rare but I might possibly be early pre-menopausel. Has anyone ever had this stuff happen b4? I am just scared outta my witts that I might never be able to have any more kids and I am only 20!

Jordies_Mommy07

Asked by Jordies_Mommy07 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My OB told me the same thing before she referred me to an RE, and I was devastated. The RE ran some tests and found that was not my problem. I did still have to take drugs to ovulate, but I didn't need donor eggs or anything like that. My advice is do the tests as soon as you can so you can know what you are dealing with; not knowing and thinking it's the worst case is very hard on you. It can be something as simple as a little hormone imbalance, so try to remember that it may not really be that bad. Good luck. I hope you have answers soon.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My periods have been irregular since I started having periods! I have never been told that I may be pre-menopausal though!! You may have PCOS or something going on. I can not believe your doc would jump straight to menopause without looking into those things first. I had to take Metformin which worked for a little while to help regulate my periods and I took Clomid to help get pregnant a couple of times. I know it is hard and frustrating when you feel like you have no control over your body. Another thing you may want to look into is temping and charting. I used www.fertilityfriend.com and it helped me pinpoint ovulation. The test kits never worked for me! Best of luck to you and if you want more info on charting, just message me.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009