What is the current highest speed limit in your state?

I'm in shock ours just went to 85. I rarely drive over 70 so I doubt I see myself going 85.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2012 in Travel

• 70, pretty sure.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Depends what road you're on. Interstate is still 75 as far as I know. Small highways/blacktops are 55.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• (yeah...now I managed to read ALL the words in your question...)
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I dunno I always go 70-90 on the highway.. Irresponsible driver here!!!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• For some reason, Harsh, that does not surprise me! LMAO!
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Texasgurl, isn't that the new stretch between Austin and SA? It's 70 or 75 on the interstate out of city limits around here. Many of the toll roads are 70 in less congested areas.

I remember in MT when they did not post a speed limit on interstates outside of city limits. I think their law was that it was supposed to be a 'safe and prudent speed' but found that people from other states would come up there to joy ride and speed on the roads, making potentially dangerous situations. They changed it back. If you get a speeding ticket on the interstate you can pay the cop on the side of the road and it doesn't go on your record. (legit, it's $10 and they write it on your ticket as your receipt).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Nah honestly I think it's like 65 unless you're on the turnpike, I know in Ohio it's 75 so I go 85.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Texas, I've driven more in my life then my grandparents have combined,it's ridiculous lmao. I'm super comfortable on the highway but hate side streets
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Umm that's me up there ( anon)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• 65. But there aren't many places you can go 65. The majority of the state is 55.

I saw the 85 MPH announcement on GMA this morning.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2012