NEED HELP PLEASE I NEED A SEC OPION PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

I HAD AN ULTRASOUN TODAY AND THEY SAID THEY DIDNT SEE A FETAL POLE AND ILL BE 7 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS BUT ACCORDING TO MY LMP I WOULD BE 9 W 5 DAYS AND NOW THEY ARE SAYING THEY WANT TO ABORT MY BABY WHAT SHOULD I DO??? HAS ANYTHING EVER HAPPEND TO YOU PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would wait and ask for another ultrasound by a different tech in a week or so, unless the doctor gives you a damn good reason to abort.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I agree. Wait and ask for a second opinion when you should be a little further along.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_pole
    If they didn't see a fetal pole that means that they didn't see a heartbeat.
    Is this the first ultrasound? If so I would suggest a repeat ultrasound. Then if there is still not a heartbeat there is something wrong. It sounds like they are suggesting a D and C for a non viable fetus. Meaning that the baby has not developed properly or has passed away. I am so sorry, but yes you should get a real second opinion from a real doctor.
    I did have a D and C for a different reason.
    Anonymous

• get a second opinion
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• WHEN I TALKED TO MY DOC SHE DIDNT EVEN REALLY KNOW WHAT SHE WAS SAYING AND SHOULDNT I HAVE GOTTEN A BLOOD TEST TO CHECK MY HCG LEVELS WOULDNT THAT ALSO SAY IF I HAD MISCARRED OR NOT? I
    Anonymous

• I would get a second opinion. My moms friend was told the same thing when she was pregnant. But she was bleeding. That was why she had the ultrasound to begin with. When they couldn't find the heart beat she got a second opinion and they found it. She eventually quit bleeding and now her daughter is 18 years old and perfectly healthy. Good luck. :)
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• 2nd opionion hun...a lot of ultrasound technitions make mistakes...
    go to a different hospital and make an appointment to see someone else..

also...if they want to abort your baby,,..that means they want to KILL your baby..therefore your baby must be alive other wise they would have said "your baby is dead we must remove the fetus"

their pretty screwed up in the head -_-
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i would wait it out for a bit when i went too the hospital at 7 weeks for pains they told me they wanted to do a ultra sound too make sure the baby wasn't in the tube the girl who did the ultra sound told me a head of time not to worry if she couldn't see the baby cause some times it will not show up that soon all was fine and baby is health and i will be 7months tomorrow talk too your ob and ask for another ultra sound at 12weeks or so good luck
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 6:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009