What do you think about this? None of it makes sense to me.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/temecula/temecula-headlines-index/20120906-temecula-mom-accused-of-leaving-daughter-naked-enters-plea.ece

TEMECULA: Plea entered in case of girl left in car while mom worked

A Temecula teaching assistant accused of leaving her 12-year-old daughter naked to wait in a parked car while she was at work pleaded not guilty Thursday, Sept. 6, to misdemeanor child endangerment.

Tracy Lynn Betts, 41, of Murrieta, was arrested after residents of a neighborhood near Vail Elementary School reported seeing a girl with no clothes wandering the street Feb. 16 and eating food from trash bins, Riverside County sheriff's officials said. She was trying to cover herself with a car floor mat.

Betts attended the brief hearing at the Southwest Justice Center in French Valley with her husband and the two left without commenting.

Defense attorney Miles Clark said outside the courtroom that Betts made a bad decision but he does not believe it was criminal.

He also disputed some details of the incident. Clark said the girl was left to wait in her bra and underpants but she removed the underclothes herself while her mother was away working her three-hour shift at the school.

Clark stressed that the child was never locked in the car and that she had been well fed.

The above is only part of the article you can click on the link for the rest.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• It looks to me like the little girl is disturbed, and without a doubt shouldn't be left alone.

Still don't get why she was only in underwear in the car...that didn't make it better for me.

I don't know what to think of this.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• He also disputed some details of the incident. Clark said the girl was left to wait in her bra and underpants but she removed the underclothes herself while her mother was away working her three-hour shift at the school.

“Mr. and Mrs. Betts are great people,” Clark said. “They’re great parents.”

Umm, so great parents make their kids wait in a car in their undergarments?  WTF have I been thinking?  I'm doing it all wrong.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• People never cease to amaze me!
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 11:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I for one think they need to investigate this much more!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:34 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I think this:

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• A bad decision? Leaving your child in a car while you go to work, whether she's completely naked or in a bra and underwear, is not just a bad decision. And obviously she wasn't well fed if she was digging through trash cans for food - or if she was, then she clearly had some mental issues that need to be addressed and should not have been left alone in the car.

It does not make sense.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:40 AM on Sep. 7, 2012

• It is criminal to leave your 12 year old in her bra and pants. If you could leave her at /in the car you could leave her at home and at least she would not be exposed to perverts. I can not understand this at all and (I did not read the whole thing) I hope they take the child away. Why wasn't she in school?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• According to an investigator’s statement in support of an arrest warrant, Betts told deputies she had been unable to obtain child care for the girl, who was a compulsive food hoarder and difficult to care for.

Betts also admitted she had left the girl in the car at least twice before while she worked what investigators said in court records was a four-hour shift at the school.

During the week before her arrest, Betts had returned to find food wrappers and trash in the car and her daughter admitted she had gone digging in garbage cans, court records said. After that, Betts told deputies, she left her daughter in her bra and the girl still left the car while she was away.

It also said she was adopted (after being fostered) and is no longer in their care at this time. The reason is she couldn't find a babysitter.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Wow speechless
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• This is happening in my town. Second "mother of the year" candidate to crop up here in the past couple of years; the other one was driving home drunk and crashed her car; her daughter was ejected and killed. I drive past the spot every day.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2012