I lost my SS card and I am not sure what to do. Is there a number I can call? or what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You contact the SS Department, they will send you a paper to fill out, and they will re-issue you a new card. However, I would look at some of your accounts and keep a close eye on your credit for the next few months, in-case you are a victim of identity theft.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• 1-800-772-1213 is the SS number. Have on hand your number and birthdate. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 2:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You should be able to go to the website for you SS office and print out a form. You'll have to bring it in with an ID and your birth certificate.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Is there anyway I can pervent identity theft after i get my new card?
    Anonymous

• Well don't carry your card around...keep it at home in a safe place. It's going to have the same SS number on it as before. You can call the credit bureaus and ask them to put a watch on your accounts.
    Anonymous