Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost my SS card and I am not sure what to do. Is there a number I can call? or what should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • You contact the SS Department, they will send you a paper to fill out, and they will re-issue you a new card. However, I would look at some of your accounts and keep a close eye on your credit for the next few months, in-case you are a victim of identity theft.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • 1-800-772-1213 is the SS number. Have on hand your number and birthdate. Good luck!

    Answer by Bmat at 2:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • You should be able to go to the website for you SS office and print out a form. You'll have to bring it in with an ID and your birth certificate.

    Answer by musikdoll at 2:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Is there anyway I can pervent identity theft after i get my new card?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Well don't carry your card around...keep it at home in a safe place. It's going to have the same SS number on it as before. You can call the credit bureaus and ask them to put a watch on your accounts.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.