My sister gave me a $100 gift card for a hair salon....

I really don't need it since I do my own hair. Maybe she was trying to tell me something but I am just not interested. That was back in June. Is it rude of me to give it back to her since that is where she has her hair done so she can use it? I don't even want a gift really.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• That's really nice of her. Maybe she wants you to treat yourself. You could always get your hair colored/dyed/highlights/lowlights
    If you don't want anything to do with your hair, maybe you could get something else done? Alot of hair salons also offer mani-padis, facials, massages etc. you could do something like that maybe?
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2012

• I wouldnt give it back. That can seem rude. Even thought you do your own hair, you could still use it (since it is a gift and you wont be spending your own money) this time and get a couple of hair cuts or something. See if they offer manicures or pedicures or eyebrows waxing, etc. After it is gone you can always go back to doing your own hair. You may like getting it done. It is like personal time to myself when i get to go to the salon. LOL
    Maybe you could use it to buy some shampoo or hair products. That would go a long way for those. Take advantage of it and splurge.LOL
    IF you choose to give it back maybe just say that you have been so busy and havnt had time to use it, and ask her if she would like to use if before it expires (sometimes they expire at certain places).
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 12:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• mail it to me (j/k) idk maybe she thought you'd like a day of pampering
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Are there other services that they offer that you may enjoy, massage, mani, pedi, facial, for example. I too received one to a spa that I don't use. I may take my kids to get their eyebrows waxed. I haven't used it in 4 years, either. I agree and think salons are personal.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• That is a very nice gift. I would not return it. That is rude, imo. Donate it to a women's shelter or one of those organizations that helps battered women get back into the work force.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I have mixed feelings about this. I can tell you that my mother has returned several gifts to me, and it made me feel bad.

On the other hand it shouldn't be wasted. Can't you use it for your kids or your husband?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• You cut your own hir. I am impressed. It is considered rude to give back a gift. Yes.
    Can you get your nails done or something else at the salon? Or is it that you do not wish to use a gift from her?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Wait for a day you can go out- they don't expire. May as well use it if you can't sell it since she wants to go with you
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• If she wants to go with you when you use it, I'm seeing it as she wants a few hours of sister time. If you really don't want to get your hair "done", you can still do other things and just get your hair styled. Go spend time with your sister and try to relax and enjoy the gift.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• It would be rude and wrong to give it back. Make the best of it and use it with her, it would be a great sister bonding experience. I am sure that they do other services as the other said.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2012