More people watched Bill Clinton's speech than the NFL game.

Former President Bill Clinton's speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday night drew more viewers than the NFL season opener, according to ratings from Nielsen.

The NFL game on NBC garnered an average of 19.8 million viewers compared to the Democratic National Convention, which was watched by an average of 25.1 million viewers, from 10 to 11:30 p.m. ET across seven networks.

Do you think Bill Clinton's speech will help get Obama re-elected? Did you watch it? Your thoughts?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 12:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• My friend asked me why I watched Clinton over FB, my answer was: No one I like is playing football, but Bill Clinton is playing politics. :)
    OenophiliaMama

Answer by OenophiliaMama at 12:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• LOL, I didn't watch either but wanted to comment because I didn't know the NFL season opener was Wed night, we thought it was on Thurs and I had just asked dh earlier that day if there was a game that night (wed) and he said no, then I was flipping through channels and it was on and he was like "WTH?!" and he even went to his cousin's house later that night and his cousin wasn't watching it (he is a HUGE football fan and usually always has a game on if there is one on) and dh asked him why he wasn't watching it and he said "WTH? I thought it wasn't until tomorrow!" So my point being that maybe not as many people knew there was a NFL game that night since they don't traditionally play on Wednesdays :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I didn't see either one- wanted to see Clinton speak though.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• But Honey Boo Boo still drew just as many viewers lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Bill Clinton was good.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• My question was, do you think Clinton's speech could help Obama get re-elected?
    Rnurse

Comment by Rnurse (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

Answer by maecntpntz219 7 minutes ago

No, that was against the Republican Convention.
    Rnurse

Comment by Rnurse (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• No, that was against the Republican Convention.

Nope, it got more than the RNC last week. This week it tied with the DNC lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Where's your link? According to the actual ratings sites, the game got higher ratings than the DNC.  The only way to juggle the numbers so that the DNC comes out ahead of the NFL is if you take the game out and compare the DNC to the pre-game show.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Clinton's speech ratings not only tied with "Honey Boo Boo," but also with the National Football League season-opener game on NBC, Entertainment Weekly reported. In terms of millions of individuals viewers, Clinton scored 20.6 million while the Giants versus the Cowboys took in 20.5 million viewers.

One difference, Honey Boo Boo was on Wednesday night, not against Clinton's speech.
    Pretty sad, and you wonder WHY the country is messed up. The average person really doesn't give a damn.
    Rnurse

Comment by Rnurse (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2012