How would you feel if you found out your mom cheated on your dad?

And you knew the man? He was a family friend?
It happened over ten years ago, but I just found out. I do not know how to feel.
Both parents are over it. But i am just finding out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2012 in Relationships

• She did, and I don't care.:)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I probably would not care. None of my business.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I would feel that they got over it and continued on with their lives.

I found out just weeks before my mother died that she had another son 4 years before marrying my father. He was living with an aunt and uncle that we never visited. I found out when he was an hour from showing up at the hospital and my older brother told me. My mother never did. My brothers and sister welcomed my brother into the family though it took years for us to build any kind or relationship.
    Now back to your question, you look at your mother and realize she is human and not perfect and you forgive her for her flaws and mistakes.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Not your life but theirs. If they are over it then you should too.
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I found out my dad had another family when I was in my early 20's. Don't care.
    Moseley

Answer by Moseley at 2:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• It's between them and none of my business.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Well, I would be completely shocked- if it were MY parents...
    my dad is no longer here though and she re-married, and it took like 10 or 11 yrs for her to find a new guy
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• if they got over it, and are ok, i'd be okay too.

other than that, i'd think, ''oh, so that's where my sister gets it.'' *shrugs*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I'd be upset but it wouldn't matter since she died 2 1/2 years ago. I knew though that my mom was faithful to my dad to the end.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 3:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• My dad cheated on my mom from 1980 with a woman who lived downstairs when they were in an apartment. She was married and caused a lot of drama between my sisters and I and my father and us. When my mother was literally dying, we had to call an ambulance and couldn't find him. He was with her. I love my father to death and rest his soul, I still have a hard time if I remember the helplessness of the situation. I try to put myself in my mother's place, dying of cancer and left home alone while her kids were in school and her husband was fucking around.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2012