When booking hotels....

Have you had luck with good deals through the Hotwire, Travelocity, and Priceline?

I looked at them, but didn't see any fantastic deals. SS goes on and on about Hotwire, but that was the worst of the 3. They wouldn't tell me the hotel name until after I booked it.

WTH? I ain't booking a non refundable hotel room without know the name and location of it! So, have you found good deals on any of those type sites?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2012 in Travel

• Hotwire and Expedia are owned by the same guy. So, you know how the rest of that song goes. I use Hot, mostly for car rental, that's where the deals are. I personally can't do Priceline, I don't like bidding on stuff, just tell me how much it is and I'll let you know if I want to do business with you. Travelocity, I have yet to find a deal there. I have had some good luck with Hotels.com and their Cust Serv is good. Our last trip to Orlando the hotel started giving us some static right at check-in, on a room we had already paid for duh. I called Hotels.com and told them what was happening and they called the hotel! YIKES. And resolution was the result. Also, try checking the hotel's website, many have special Internet rates, which are better than what you get from the discounted sites! Yes, I wrote that because it is true. I travel all the time for business and pleasure.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 6:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2012

• I use hotels.com or go to the hotel website
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• I have a hilton honors card and go on line and find hilton hotels (many to choose from cheap to $$$), I trust hilton and love the benefits. This past summer I stayed at a hilton garden inn for FREE because I had honors credit - 5 days for free!! Great deal in my book!
    My husband likes priceline because you can give them your ultimately lowest price deal and they either tell you go higher or match your hotel. We have stayed at some really good hotels doing that..
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2012