How can i find out my child's blood type?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2012 in Kids' Health

• The pediatrician can do a simple test to find out.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• It was in the records from the hospital when they were born. We had the Rh factor problem, I'm A- and dh is A+. I had to get the shot after both pregnancies. Both my kid are Rh- but one is A and the other is O.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• i know i'm A+ and my husband is A- according to a "blood type calculator" they're either A or O + or - but i want to find out for sure. we have 2 kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• the Rh is only a problem when the mother is negative taking on a positive, correct?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• Around here, you only find out your child's blood type if they need major surgery or transfusion. I'm O+, my husband is AB+. I have NO idea what my kids are. I wish I did.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• "the Rh is only a problem when the mother is negative taking on a positive, correct? "

Correct.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• that's why they always want people with O to donate because it's the universal blood - anyone can use it. It's a simple blood test. You might just call the doctors office and than go by the lab. No need for a doctor's appointment.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• Call the Peds offices that is how we found out our kids.:)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• I didn't find mine out until I had to have a C-section. My son, I still don't know. Around here, they don't type blood until blood is needed or you donate blood. I could have found mine out in Environmental Biology. We tested our own blood in that class but I chickened out. You can see if the doctor will do it.

I am O+ so, the Blood Center calls me every 9 weeks to donate. I am trying to get my son to donate but he HATES needles.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• Check in your children medical record or ask their ped.
    LovingMommy0123

Answer by LovingMommy0123 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2012