If you are on medicaid/ UMPC for you, what's your income?

My Husband usually only makes 600 a pay check but recently he picked up a few extra hours, so he made 750 and 850. The welfare office wants us to report for january but since it's higher, I'm scared they will kick us off. I don't care if they do, in 2 months. I'm having a c-section in less than 6 weeks and there's no way we could afford the 11,000+ bill. So what I'm wondering is if these checks will put us over the limit or not? I'm really worried b/c I need to see the doc and my son is also on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It depends on where you live and the size of your family. I don't think they will just cancel a pregnant woman but they might change you to a share of cost plan where you would have a co-pay. When I worked in healthcare there was a govt plan just for pregnant women but I don't remember what it's called. If you don't turn in your reporting they will cancel you anyways. Just turn it all in and they will notify you if there is any problem and can help you with other options if needed.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i do not think that it will put you over i think that you will be ok, and if not there are other programs for pregnant women.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009