Do you have any good low fat recipes?

My DH is trying to lose weight and wants me to find some good low fat dinner recipes. Do you ladies have any good ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• well, what kind of dishes are you looking for? you can convert almost any dish you already like into a low-fat version by swapping out ingredients. here's a website you can look into, lots of really great stuff. http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/recipes/

MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• What kind of foods does he like? It's pretty easy to make low fat food from any dish, really. Use Smart Balance instead of butter, evaporated milk instead of cream, lean cuts of meat.

For losing weight, more important than fat is simple carbs and empty calories. Simple carbs are converted to fat on your body, digest too quickly, and cause blood sugar spiking. This is things like white bread, white rice, processed sweets.

If you give me an idea of what he likes I can give you ideas and recipes to suit him.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• He likes a lot of chicken, pasta dishes, but really he is not picky at all. He likes pretty much anything. Hopefully that gives you an idea so you can better help me. Thanks so much!
    Anonymous