Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interstate step parent adoption

My husband wants to adopt my almost 8 year old , hopefully this year. Her father has been "missing" since she was 4. Anyway, she was born in Texas but we live in Louisiana. Would I have to get an attorney in Texas and in Louisiana? Or do we just file where we live?

I will be going to an attorney as soon as we get our tax return, but I'm just trying to get a head start on the issue.
any advice is welcome.

Answer Question

Asked by sheenalee at 3:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Adoption

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Have you checked into some of the CafeMom groups specifically for step-parenting? I'm sure that they would have tons of specifics to share.

    Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • No I havent ! I shall go check them out, thanks!

    Answer by sheenalee at 3:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.