Why not vote for someone who appeals to both liberals and conservatives?

http://youtu.be/FP69507fTKY

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 10:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I like him VERY MUCH! However, a vote for Gary Johnson is a wasted vote as he has NO chance of winning in this election.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 11:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• Because it's a wasted vote. If I'm going to take the time to vote, I'm going to make sure it counts for SOMETHING.
    Moseley

Answer by Moseley at 11:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• no vote is wasted. votes are wasted when a person chooses NOT to vote.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• Any vote that isn't for Obama or Romney is a vote wasted. I don't like it any more than you do, but it's the way the world works.
    Moseley

Answer by Moseley at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• While he's pretty innovative in some ways, and I do agree with him on education. I do not share his views on the bigger issues like health care. And he's murky on environmental protections.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• Thanks Dulls! ^^^

I'm voting for Gary Johnson. I was going to waste my vote by not voting in the election but, that was not the example I wanted to set for my girls. Even though the choices suck this time, this learning event only comes around every 4 yrs. I want them to go with me & see mommy vote. I want them to understand that voting is a duty and a right.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

>>>
    Don't agree. What the 3rd party movement needs is the momentum that comes from a strong turnout of dissatisfied voters. Change never comes easy in the political realm
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• ^exactly, ad.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• Dull, go right ahead, vote Gary Johnson, Paul or whoever you write in, Obama will greatly appreciate it! :-)
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 11:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2012

• "someone who appeals to both liberals and conservatives?"

You mean like Santa?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 11:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2012