Has anyone ever tried a CIO alternative and had it work?

I'm at the end of my sanity. My 7 month old daughter wakes up every 2-3 hours at night. Sometimes every 1-2 hours. We've tried extra feedings, baby cereal b4 bed, setting up a routine, partial night-weaning, going to bed earlier, tiring the baby out,...EVERYTHING!

I was comitted to co-sleeping and not using the CIO method. But I can't take it any longer. I'm waking up resentful and angry with her. But people are now saying that her body is used to receiving nutrients (little as it may be, each time she wakes up) at certain intrevals during the night, and so her body is trained to wake up at those times for it. I can't let this go on till she's 2 or 3, as I hear many other mother's doing. (I'll feel like a complete failure for this, but I'm learning my limits.)

B4 we let her CIO (Because I really don't feel good about doing it), have u ever used another method that's turned an all-night waker into an all-night sleeper?

SweetpeaAK

Asked by SweetpeaAK at 3:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Like you, I was completely against CIO. I couldn't imagine anything more horrible. Then I had my daughter.
    Like you, I tried everything. She wouldn't even fall asleep in her car seat on long rides - that old standby of desperate parents. She wouldn't sleep in her swing, her bouncer, while rocking in the rocking chair, while walking in the stoller. I tried the much touted "No Cry Sleep Solution" - it made it WORSE for us. I tried the "Happiest Baby on the Block" - it didn't change a thing.
    by 10 months, I was a walking zombie who resented the fact that my husband could go to work in the day and get away from her. That's not healthy for mom or baby.
    So, we did CIO. I figured if she was going to scream anyway, she could scream in bed. And you know what? Not only did it work, the dark circles under her eyes went away, her temper improved 100-fold, and I realized she had a beautiful smile!
    The lesson? Every baby is different
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Try "the no cry sleep solution" I have heard great things about that book, as well as "happiest baby on the block". I don't believe in allowing an infant to CIO. She may genuinely need to eat..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009