I am 7 wks postpartum and bright-red bleeding should i call the dr.???

after 3 wks postpartum my bleeding had totally disapeared but at 4 1/2 wks its started again with just spotting and now its more flow. i has been going on since then and i have just been waiting to see if it stops but it hasnt and its been getting heavier these days.

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Health

• i had the exact same problem. and i was bleeding for almost 5months.

some days it was light then it was really heavy bleeding again.

You should def. get checked by your OB. in my case it was the wrong mini pill i was on. totally messed everything up. so i had to get a new one.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Mine did the same thing. I bled for about 3 weeks, spotted a little while after and then at around 7 weeks I bled for about 7 days. It was my period :-) It's normal to get your period about 6-7 weeks post-partum EVEN if you're breastfeeding. My son BFs every 2 hours on the dot and I still got my period.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009