i have a realllllllllllllllllllly out there question

the question about thinking odd things made me want to post this: if you cheated on your husband and got pregnant and never told him it wasnt his and then the bio dad demanded a paternity test would your husband have to know? like what would happen in that situation, the birth certificate changes?

this hasnt happened to me or anyone i know im just curious!!!!!! i got the idea from a forum on fertility friend!

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 3:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There is NO blood test. It's a mouth swab with a q tip. Other than that, Bmat is right. Just have the other guy pay for the test and hubby won't have to know ...unless it turns out to be the other man's child. It sounds like the other man might want to claim the child and have rights but tell him to keep in mind he has to pay child support too so it might be best to keep his mouth shut and just wonder.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Hmmmm in that situation I think it would be inevitable the husband would find out.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• that would be scarey, i think both men would be pissed
    Anonymous

• Well. im actually not sure and never been in a situation like that. -because i would never cheat-

but.. mhhh..
    i think he will find out somehow. probably as soon as the bio father wants to see HIS child, when its his. the dna test itself he doesnt need to know about.

not sure how it is in the usa, but here in germany its not that easy to change the birth certificate.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't know why the husband would have to know if the wife or boyfriend would pay cash up front and give the boyfriend's address so the testing group would not send results or bills to the wife's house. The only thing I can thing of is if the husband's OK is needed for testing the child, and it isn't for the kind of tests my sons needed- blood work and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 3:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Oh man!! Fertility friend is still around? Wow.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• p.s. when my h (x) claimed our youngest dd wasn't his the Court said it didn't care who donated sperm to create her. They said legally she was his bc we were married so there was no test done and he had to pay child support. That was a while back. Laws may have changed. Try going to a free consult lawyer or to the free legal site at www.avvo.com (that is 2 v's and not a w) You could also check state statutes.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• no this isnt happening to me, i was just wondering if it happened to anyone what would happen! i let my mind wander sometimes lol. im weird
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009