Contractions... how do I either make them stop or make them keep going?

Alright here's the thing. I can't get up and do anything for more than 20min without contractions starting. I can't just sit all day long. I'm getting really tired of having to sit every 10min or have contractions for an hr and them just go away. I'm getting really irritated here. This is my 3rd baby and I went to the OB last week to get a nonstress test. I had 3 contractions while I was there.... and she checked me I am still closed but she said ready to dilate. I've tried just about everything to get this started... walking... cleaning... sex.... and they just go away after about an hr. Any suggestions.

pinkbutterfly

Asked by pinkbutterfly at 3:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont know how far you are but im assuming atleast far enough to be having a baby.
    all you can do is keep walking try sitting on a birthing ball to open the pelvic up. once they get started and you want them to continue you just have to keep moving as much as possible dont sit back down keep walking or bouncing on the birthing ball. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Ya I'm far enough along... The Ob wanted me to go atleast 36 weeks. I have had some problems with my cervix shortening and she said anything after 36 weeks was fine with her. I'm 37 weeks now. The other two were born at 36 and 38 weeks. The baby is already 8lbs... I just want this to either stop, or get going. It's kind of stressful thinking that I might be in labor and then .... nothing.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i understand how you feel i was in walking labor with my son for 3weeks. labor would start and be going well and then just stop and i was dialating it was so irriatating.
    Anonymous