Do we need another option?

How many of you (regardless of who you're intending to vote for), don't like either Romney or Obama? How many of you would like to see the two party system opened up to other parties. (Feel free to answer anon)

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 5:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• We actually do have other parties, they are just not as large
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• How many of you (regardless of who you're intending to vote for), don't like either Romney or Obama? How many of you would like to see the two party system opened up to other parties. (Feel free to answer anon)
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• I dont like either one of then nor do I like any of the other. We have bad choices this year and I wont vote this year.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• We do, they don't have the money or support.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• I am pretty sure there are third and fourth parties out there. You just don't often here of them getting much backing to be able to advertise.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• We have options. Part of the problem is too many think if they don't vote Dem or Rep, it won't count. With that 'understanding', it will never change the outcomes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• I actually like Obama, but I do wish the other parties got more attention.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 6:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• I would love to see a well-funded 3rd party candidate, but the logistics of getting one elected are not good. Ross Perot with the Reform party in 1992 ran a very strong platform, but he didn't win any electorate votes.

I really hope the 3rd parties keep trying. If nothing else, the 2 main parties know there's a threat to their system of pissing people off.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• My distaste goes beyond Romney and Obama. The RNC didn't put up a serious candidate this year that was even close to being fiscally conservative. Romney only won because Santorum and Perry are so batshit crazy, nobody wanted them in charge. Obama is just as much Bush lite in 2012 as he was in 2008, but running anyone against him would be considered "showing weakness", even though the only reason HE got the nod is they were all convinced he'd be easier to control than Hillary (they were probably right, too - she never would've taken Pelosi's shit like Obama has).

Johnson should win...but he won't.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• This is the first time I have EVER wished we had a third, strong option!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2012