Have you or anyone you know had the lap band surgery?

I am considering getting it done. Any advice? I don't know anyone who has had the lap band.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• I know 2 people. Neither one lost a lot of weight. They lost some = maybe 50 pounds, but they are both still quite heavy. They needed to lose much more than that. One got very sick in the beginning. He stayed home for weeks.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• Don't do it. Look into gastric sleeve. The band is a miserable "tool" that doesn't work.
    Tesserae

Answer by Tesserae at 9:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• One of my friends did. I think she's about eight months post surgery and has lost 118lbs. I know she highly recommends it.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• I have a friend on here who had it done and lost a lot of weight. I have an acquaintance in real life who had it done and almost died from a serious infection from the surgery.

I'll give my friend on here the link to your question and maybe she can talk to you about it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2012

• The people I know who've had it done have gained back most of the weight.
    I've lost 113 lbs so far eating clean. I have no desire to EVER have surgery. I'd rather not have the health issues that come with surgery over the long term, or the possible complications, or the loose skin. I have a little bit, but nowhere near as much as people who have had WLS.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2012

• I am two years post op and.have lost 100 lbs. I would be happy for you to pm with any questions. It is the best thing I ever could have sone.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2012