Is it just me?

Am I the only one that wonders why most of the questions asked at least in the teen section are posted by new CM members? I just checked and the top 4 of the recent posts (other than the anon ones) were posted by members with 3 - 17 profile views. And I'd have to think that the majority of those profile views were done based on the questions asked.

Now don't get me wrong, I was new once too and I think it's great new mom's are signing up everyday, but personally when I see so many "new member" questions I suspect some trolling is going on. Maybe I'm being overly suspicious but it just seems odd to me.

I don't mean to offend anyone, so maybe it's just my suspicious nature.

barbar73069

Asked by barbar73069 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Im new here and don't really understand what you mean. I hope Im not doing whatever it is that your bothered about.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You can not do much about it even if they are trolling. I do not think about that kind of stuff. I just answer the post based on what they are posting. And move on.

Answer by louise2 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I've not noticed that but have noticed that there has been a major influx of new members wanting in some of my groups...I mean like a dozen a day where there may have been one a month before. I wonder what's up with that? Geez, I hope those guys are not back.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• wierd???? not me i have lots of profile views and have been on CM for 2 years or so
    RJSMOMMA

Answer by RJSMOMMA at 5:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• What are you talking about "trolling"? I've been on CM for almost a year now. The only reason I started coming here is because I wanted to see what other things CM was offering besides the groups. The groups take most of my time anyway. Explain if you don't care.
    1daughter5sons

Answer by 1daughter5sons at 5:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• What do you mean trolling? what does that mean? I think new members are finding this site looking for answers to parenting questions, or for support. That is why they join. They probably discover the question answer section and think great idea. What is the problem with that?
    Anonymous

• I am new here (0 profile views as of the time of this writing) and while I can't say one way or another if trolling is going on, I would like to mention that the site itself is probably experiencing a huge influx of new members. (They are doing some pretty hefty marketing.) And I would agree that the Answers area is attractive to me as new member and I can see where new members' enthusiasm might play out there first.

What kinds of problems are you concerned about with new members asking so many of the top questions? (Mostly so I can avoid causing those problems! LOL)
    JennsSV

Answer by JennsSV at 11:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had not noticed that and I don't worry about that. I do find it strange that there are so many anon posts and answers.
    Ginny19

Answer by Ginny19 at 2:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2009