Cashing a paycheck

My fiance is still at work and his paycheck just came in (it gets mailed to the house)

He wants me to cash it for him but im not listed in his name at the bank.
He wants me to sign his name and then cash it with my account. We both use the same bank.

He is on MY account..but im not under his..Can i cash his check or does he need to do it himself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• I sign & cash/deposit my hubby's check all the time
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• So its alright to do it even though i dont have HIS exact signature. Im prolly gonna walk to the bank..lol..im 29 weeks pregnant..its cold..but i do enjoy walking..just not far distances lol..that would take me about an hour or 45 minutes to get to the bank..

our drive thro bank closes at 7 tonight so ill be able to go through that but my fiance doesnt get home til about 10pm tonight...he works 9-10

so even though im not under his name..as long as i sign under it or have his signature in general the check can be cashed?
    Anonymous

• You can deposit it into his account, but you cannot cash it and get money from it.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• WHY is he on yours and you not on his?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• you can sign it then put it in his bank through the atm. then pull it out.
    Anonymous

• It's called forgery. And it's illegal. To sign some one else's name.

the only way you can do that is with a power of attorney.

Answer by louise2 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• because he hasnt used his account in over a year..he just got back from the airforce and i needed to get a new bank because i moved in with him back in october and needed a new account anyway and they said i should have someone under my name..

he has the vehical so he normally puts his money in my account..i dont really touch my account..i have no reason to..im home all day cleaning while he works
    Anonymous

• Louise2 you do know that people do this all the time and its nothing new that people sign checks for others right?

my sister signs my name all the time for me when im not around.
    Anonymous

• I used to sign for my husband, as long as you are on the account you deposit it into, it should be fine. You can for sure deposit it, but I don't think they will give you cash.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You could get lucky and get a teller who doesn't care, but I don't think they are supposed to CASH the check for you if it's not in your name. I always have to present my DL to cash checks too...
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2009