Chinese a must starting in grade K???

Who else believes we better start teaching our wee ones Chinese in school? I blieve we are going to need it here pretty soon if some drastic changes aren't made.

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 3:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• BridgetC140

Actually, I believe the OP was referring to the fact that we are about to borrow $1,100,000,000,000.00 from China and between principle and interest, they will essentially own the whole country.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• laughingMaybe that's why Miley Cyrus took that awful picture - she's just planning ahead!

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• lol wtf that would be weird!
    Anonymous

• i guess why not my sons school was teaching him spanish in Kindergarden. hes now a first grader and knows more spanish then i do and i took it for 4 years in high school. LOL
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• That's what Sagwa's for!

Seriously, I've considered adding it to my own course load, never mind the kid's - might be a sure fire way to get a job after I graduate :/
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with that. I love languages . The more languages you speak ,there will be more doors open to you.
    Anonymous

• anon I think you are simming the point...we are about to be pnwed (i think thats the hip new terms for those much younger than I) by China honey. Having to learn Chinese is a bad thing..wanting to is a good thing...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• simming....what the heck..that was supposed to be missing..
    mamakirs

• i dont get it, sorry i dont keep up with politics! whats going on?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Can we all just go simming instead? Sims 3 is out soon isn't it? My sims never have trouble finding a job when they get laid off :(
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009