can you take an anon seriously?

i dont know for some reason when someone posts anon and says something mean i dont care because they're anon and i cant see them (their profiles that is). like they dont exist. if an anon is being helpful then i consider the advice. i dont know it just seems so much worse when a non-anon says something mean!

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 3:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think anons are stupid, unless it's an embarrassing subject or something the poll category on here where everything posted is anonymously (secrets and confessions or something like that?). They piss me off sometimes because they are so stupid and rude sometimes. I usually try to ignore them, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't take a lot of people on here seriously, anon or not.
    Anonymous

• thanks for letting everyone know. but i dont really think anyone cares. ;-)

btw. some people are mean because the question is just so full of stupidity and most questions on here are just asking for some common sense.

and people dont want to be bothered on their profile just because they sad the truth.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i hardly ever post anon and no one has ever said mean things on my profile! and sometimes i say mean things!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i could really care less if theyre anon or not. its just the internet, i dont know the person so no need to get my panties in a bunch over complete strangers.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i agree with momnbabygirl,

People get way to wrapped up over the drama of this sight, if they post anon or not it doesnt matter, You posted a question and wanted responses, just because you dont get the response you want, doesnt mean you should freak out about it..... I mean, i kno people can be caddy, whatever. But honestly if u feed into that caddy behavior, ur just as sad as they are....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It only bothers me on certain times of the month. Ya know what I mean.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• ppl sometimes make it anon bc of what you said, it seems more mean when it comes directly from a person. I've seen some anons that make perfectly good sense even if they do sound mean. Maybe they just don't want the flak from speaking their mind. I think it's reasonable to say that some of the questions on here push a person beyond courtesy limits so that when they say what they really want to say it comes out less than cordial.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Sometimes people post anon because the subject is too embarrassing. So if the anon is being just rude or mean then I ignore it, but if it is an embarrassing subject or if there is a reason I can think of to keep anon, then I don't mind.

Answer by Bmat at 4:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I take them seriously when they are being helpful but I don't take them seriously when they are purposely being mean. You post anonymous when you say mean things don't you?
    That's what you said last night.
    Anonymous