What would you do?

Beginning stage of marital separation.

savannam

Asked by savannam at 3:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I would take care of myself, my kids, and my overall family. I would look for as much as support as I could handle - this would not be the time to be stand-offish. I would try my hardest to deal with my ex in a loving and respectful way. I would let my children know that we were still a family. I would make it ok for them, somehow.

I am a child of divorce and never knew how much pain both my parents went through - they protected me and my brother very nicely. That's what I remember and appreciate.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Move out with a relative or friend OR make the husband move out.
    Get a job, File for custody (or come to an agreement on custody)
    Get on food stamps (if needed)
    Have someone around willing to help.
    Anonymous

• Lose my freakin mind. I love my dh so much I think I really would go to the looney bin. Anyway though if I were in a situation where it was inevitable, I guess I would start preparing myself by asking a lot of questions about what would be expected during that time.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Oh yes, and try to go through this mutually with your ex. Don't make it nasty..
    Anonymous