Can you really pick a due date when your at your 40 weeks?

The other day in childbirth class the teacher said that it is more convinient for women and doctors if they chose a due date that way the mother can have the doctor she wants...

now..is this true or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well if they induce yeah kinda.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Pick a due date? You mean, pick the day you deliver?? If so, yes it's more convenient, but rarely possible.
    Anonymous

• Well I had a my doctor from the get go. I never had to see a different doctor, maybe this applies to women who go an office where they are seen by multiple doctors? But either way most doctors wont induce just because. Either they will induce due to Gestational Diabetes, Pre-Eclampsia or if there is something wrong. Or like in my case I was 1wk overdue and my doctor wouldn't let me go past that. Well he gave a choice either to be induced a Friday or wait until Tuesday to see if she'd come on her own. I should of just waited haha, but I was too anxious to see my baby.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 3:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• sorry baby picks the due date. Dr.s can choose the induction date but thats not saying thats the day the kid will show up. I was induced early on a thursday morning (preeclampsia) and my little girl didn't show up untill almost midnight on friday.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 4:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• you can't pick a due date, a birth date sometimes when the mother decides to be selfish, or the least common: when there is a medical need for it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009