should i give in?

so my hubby is borrowing from his bro and his bro will only let him borrow money if he gets to see our son. we have kept our son away from them because he has called me a n*gger and said he will kick my teeth in. i dont want my son around him unless i get an apology and he will not disrespect who we are. should i give in or still stand my ground?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Stand your ground! Thats terrible! I would worry about what he would say to you son when you aren't around.
    Anonymous

• He is completely disrespectful and I wouldnt allow my husband to associate with him (nor would he want to) nonetheless borrow money from him.
    ItsMeCaseyLynn

Answer by ItsMeCaseyLynn at 3:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• oh wow, thats a hard one. I would want an appology no matter what. i mean thats ur child after all. maybe make a comprmize.
    tinker7407

Answer by tinker7407 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• He is disrespectful to you. You are nothing to him. But your child is his brothers son. It's totally different emotions. One should have nothing to do with the other. I'd let him see the baby.
    Anonymous

• DEFINATELY STAND YOUR GROUND GIRL NOONE HAS THE RIGHT TO CALL YOU THE N WORD ..... WHICH EVEN I FIND IT OFFENSIVE.... BECAUSE MY HUBBY IS DARK SKINNED..... WTF IS HIS PROBLEM.... WELL I THINK YOU SHOULDN'T GIVE IN BECAUSE MAYBE THEN HE MAY TELL YOUR CHILD BAD THINGS AND ESPECIALLY IF HE HAD THE BALLS TO CALL U THAT... I HAVE KIND OF THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH MY HUBBYS BROTHERS......BUT STAND YOUR GROUNDS..... GOOD LUCK HUNN
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 3:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• How badly do you need the money?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I agree with wimsey. If you REALLY need the money and have no other means of getting it than I guess give in. But if there is any other way, even if it's a more difficult way, f*ck him!! I don't care if the relationship between him and your so IS different between the relationship between him and you. It's still YOUR son and he's half of you. No way in hell would I let my son around anybody that disrespected me.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Stand your ground! You don't want your son copying his uncle's ignorance and bigotry. It isn't worth your self respect and your family's dignity. There must be other options than borrowing from this sleeze.
    BruisedEggplant

Answer by BruisedEggplant at 5:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i don't think you should let money control what you believe morally. and if your husband needs the mney that bad, you shoud get it from another source.
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Definetly stand your ground. how aweful! how an nayone say those things especially threatening you. i wanna kick his teeth in
    lala83girl

Answer by lala83girl at 5:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009