This is interesting...

Did you know our government KNEW Osama Bin Laden was planning to attack the US as early as 1997?!? He told an ABC reporter on camera! But they didn't take him seriously. Thanks for looking out for us, jerks....military intellegence my a**! I'm watching this on National Geographic right now...its called Inside 9/11.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 7:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep, I knew that. They also knew that Pearl Harbor was going to be attacked before it was, and discounted THAT information too. One major failing of Americans is that we think we're invulnerable, and that no one would DARE attack us, because we're the USA. (unpuffs chest and rolls eyes)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• Yep, this is old news.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• I don't think the people on the plane had much of a choice, they never knew what was happening.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• And I've never understood how a plane full of people could just sit back and let the plane they're on be hijacked

Care to discuss Nazi Germany?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• I guess its one of those things that you would have had to experience firsthand. Evidently you could have changed history....OMFG -

ITA.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• Yes, I knew that.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• FDR knew before hand that the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor. He wanted the US to get into the war to help the economy from the Depression. I'm not surprised.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• I guess you had to be there.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• Clinton was President in 1997, not Bush.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• And I've never understood how a plane full of people could just sit back and let the plane they're on be hijacked by 3 or 4 guys armed only with boxcutters. At least we've learned from it... We'll never let it happen again.
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2012