step children with problems.

i have a step daughter that is uncontrolable.

ChildrenandLife

Asked by ChildrenandLife at 3:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Doesnt that suck cuz you know you cant do anything to correct her because she isnt your daughter? I stay away from my ss when it comes to discipline because I want no problems with his crazy ass mom. It makes easier on me actually. Just stay out and let her mom and dad deal with her.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Um......

What does your DH say? Have you had a family conference with the BM, DH and you?

How are her grades? Who are her friends?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My step kids are no longer welcomed,period due to problems the mother does not want to correct.
    After i lost a baby from being punched by the oldest since mom said she should only have one mom or adult figure and she will get no good stuff,like cars since the baby will take everything from her,that was it.
    There has been other issues the mother laughs at.
    She has had the kids removed by the state and had to take parenting classes but our state feels girls are best left with thier mother..
    There grades are poor.
    Drugs in the house.
    The child is a danger herself the childs mothrs own sister will not let them come to thier house since she fears harm coming to her kids.
    Anonymous

• Ps` forgot about her making the kids break into our house since they feel they are entitiled since it's there dad,they have no key and visits must be arranged,so as you can see step parents are abused.
    Anonymous

• I am afraid I don't understand the question.

How is your DH handling all of this?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• For us the kids if they want to see dad it is done in a mutual place for several hours,in public for all parties best interets,no going to houses/overnights since i do not trust it after the abuse.
    Anonymous

• I feel for you. This is such a hard question. I would just let their dad deal with them.
    1daughter5sons

Answer by 1daughter5sons at 5:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I feel for you also,I have a stepson who is 18,we dont see him much, but his dad and i are on the same page with disapline.he disaplines his son but i stand behind my so,we agree and its the same way with my kids and my so..do you and youre so back each other up?
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Step-families are extremely difficult, delicate and frustrating. My SD was 4 when her dad and I got together. She is now 40. Her dad and I've been divorced for years. She and I had an extremely volatile relationship as she was growing up. It was awful. Once her dad and I got divorced, and once she grew up, our relationship is awesome.
    I have to say that now in retrospect, I realize my behavior was a huge part of the problem. I was the adult and should have handled the situation in a more mature manner. It's not easy when you're smack dab in the situation. I can only speak for myself, but as a stepmom I was not very nice. I believe if I had more respect and compassion for her, she would have had more respect for me and not been so uncontrollable.
    Ginny19

Answer by Ginny19 at 2:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2009