17 weeks ultrasound looks like girl

but sonographer says she can't be positive until 20 weeks even though she got a decent view between the legs. Have any of you had an incorrect guess at 17.5 weeks?
My husband really wants a boy.... sigh

LuckyClown

Asked by LuckyClown at 3:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no but i had a correct guess at 15 weeks :p me and my husband both REALLLLLLLLLY wanted a girl and we got a boy. now we're over it. tell your husband its his fault he supplies the sperm ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My friend was told both times she was having boys,well she ended up having two girls so they can not be real accurate.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I never even had a guess before 20 weeks... they say it's too hard to tell. I had several ultrasounds this pregnancy, and they didn't tell me until I was about 23 weeks. I would think it would be a good guess, but don't go out and buy everything in pink until they say for sure.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I found out that my son was boy at 17 weeks. They are pretty accurate.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Thank you- I did tell him it was his fault and he isn't allowed to go all King Henry the 8th on me...lol...also i have two girls already so the pink jones is kind of over for me... I was going to register for maybe one or two pink blankies but for the most part the room is winnie the pooh... so it will work no matter what.
    They also wouldn't guess for me until 20 weeks with the other two...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I was 17 weeks and they correctly predicted a boy for me!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• the genitals of both sexes start out looking like boys. That's why they shouldnt try to predict it early.
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 4:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I was 17 weeks 3 days when I found out I am having a boy. I saw his full package. And I have a picture of it.
    jeni0323

Answer by jeni0323 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i was 18 weeks and they said girl for sure and then went back for a second one at 23 weeks and its definitely a little girl again 5yr old is so happy
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 6:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• lol my ''girl" at 32 week ultrasound had a penis at birth....go figure.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009