Punishing your husband?

so i got into a horrible fight with my hubby for being a complete jerk. my bestie advised i should give him the silent treatment for a couple of days to see if he gets his act together

so i began to wonder do any of you ladies have ur tricks for when your bfs/husbands act up!

:D SUCH A SILLY QUESTION LOL

excuse my grammar! 
well tbh were both to blame his 12 years older then me so you would think his more mature. not the case at all he says and does very hurtful things regularly. i want a family stay home and watch movies play with the boys all that good stuff mean while he wants to be with the boys and get wasted every weekend. 

so every Monday we sit and talk it out he says his sorry and he loves us i cry we kiss and sat comes back again and repeat!.. so i figured maybe if i just ignored him he might get the idea because my tears aren't getting the point across :(

babygurl17_89

Asked by babygurl17_89 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2012 in Just for Fun

• i'm 43yo, and he is 51. that's punishment enough.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• No, I am his wife, not his mother.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• I just ignore him. I don't punish him. I just ignore him. He ignores me. Eventually we figure it out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• I am not a child, I do not do the "silent treatment". Seriously this is about one of the most immature things you could do. Why not just sit down and have a rational discussion about what is bothering you? Sounds more reasonable to me.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• Well there are times I'd like to give the silent treatment but I would be the one to suffer since he'd be off ant work and having his mind off the subject. So usually I leave the room and go sit somewhere away from him and after a while he will come and ask if I want to talk. Sounds good but sometimes it just prolongs the argument especially when he comes with the attitude of he's still right and I'm still wrong. Eventually we talk things out and when it is done, it is over and behind us, and a great load seems lifted off our shoulders. We go to bed and wake up in a new day. Sometimes I wonder how often do I have to "let it go" and trust that the behavior will change. The answer is that we have to forgive, forgive, forgive .... Now of course certain things would be deal breakers,ie. adultery, abuse etc.
    candbtea

Answer by candbtea at 11:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• I smack him with a rolled up newspaper or spray him with the water bottle. Oh wait, that's the dog.

I don't punish him. He is my partner, not a child.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• No, Communicate, say what you've got to say, forget about the disagreements then keep loving each other. It is maturity and respect for each other which makes a good relationship , not high school dating games. There is a reason people "act up" - get to the core of the problem instead of avoiding it and acting like a child. Men are pretty simple, usually there is something else going on when they get frustrated. We are only getting half of the story here. What would he say was the problem ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• lol! love the dog joke! :D
    babygurl17_89

Comment by babygurl17_89 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• Nah, we try not to do things like that. It's bad enough he travels.... When we are together, we try to get along...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2012

• excuse my grammar!

babygurl17_89

Comment by babygurl17_89 (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2012