Toddler nightmares.

My 3 year old daughter wakes up every single night screaming and crying. Like she is having nightmares. She used to only have them I had to work and she needed a babysitter but I stopped working so I am with her all day everyday. Then it got to be every two to three nights. But now every night. I have no idea what to do! I feel so bad for her and need help!

Mandy211

Asked by Mandy211 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• find out what the nightmares are about if it is a monster or boogeyman then take her to the hairspray dept in Walmart and buy a cheap good smelling hairspray. when you put her in bed at night lay the can beside her bed and tell her it is monster spray and she just has to spray one time and the monster will disappear. i had to try it with my daughter and the nightmares were gone in 2 nights. the good smell is just a reminder to the child that there are no more monsters!!
    roberta88

Answer by roberta88 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Thank you both. If that doesn't work do you think it is worth taking her to the doctors for?
    Mandy211

Comment by Mandy211 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• It could be what she is watching on t.v. or movies...could be a book or something being read to her. Maybe she has some friends that are putting that garbage in her mind. Young children have a lot of fears and they often have no clue how to deal or talk about it. Sort through the stuff she is surrounded by during the day and try to figure out what she thinks about. Try to guard her young mind if possible. She is still young.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2012

• I am with her 24.7 the scariest thing she's ever seen is scooby doo and that's rare...
    Mandy211

Comment by Mandy211 (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2012

• A children's personalized book making company called My Custom Kids Books has an amazing book "Your Child in Dreamland." It gives an idea to help nightmares and encourage good dreams. The book is custom made, so you upload your child's photograph and they put it into the storybook, making your child the star of all these cute and creative characters. It comes in softcover or hardcover (hardcover being much better).
    The story itself has a bunch of different imaginative scenes and situations that children love!
    www.mycustomkidsbooks.com
    oncallmom247

Answer by oncallmom247 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• I took her to the dr and he advised me to give her Melatonin to keep her in a deeper sleep and it has been a miracle worker with her. Thank yu all
    Mandy211

Comment by Mandy211 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2012