Birthday Ideas

For a girl that will be turning 6? I usually do a costume party b/c we don't participate in Halloween but I think she is bored with them.

Asked by jazmya_mom at 4:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have you asked her what she would like. my dd will be 6 in november and she loves monster high so we are doing a monster high themed party. you can byu the stuff at walmart and party city if that is something she likes.

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Bowling, gymnastics, rock climbing, pool (either at a Y or at a local hotel with an indoor pool), Chuck E. Cheese, movies, American girl (my dd hated that one from one of her friends). How's that for suggestions?

Answer by robinkane at 6:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Build a Bear does a nice party.

Answer by mompam at 9:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• girls that age love sleepovers and makeup parties with movies and popcorn and let them make cookies or something.

Answer by Keni-Lyn at 10:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I agree with MooNFaeRie. Ask her what she'd like.

I started invovling my kids in the decision about their party around their 2nd birthday. When they were little we'd go to the store and let them pick out a plate or something and then build whatever "theme" around that. My DD will be 8 on Wednesday. She's been defining what her party is going to be for years. I give her parameters -- "You can have x friends. We can have the party at home or out at some place. I'm willing to spend $y." This year we took 3 of her friends with us to Build a Bear. Last year we took a few friends with us to an art studio for a private class. The year before we had a tea-party at our house and her guests came dressed in their best dresses. ;) My son is 10 and we do the same with him. This year he asked if we could just take some friends to a movie and then out for ice cream.

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Thanks she decided on a sleep over and 5 friends to disney on ice all inclusive lol

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2012