Birthday Ideas

For a girl that will be turning 6? I usually do a costume party b/c we don't participate in Halloween but I think she is bored with them.

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 4:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have you asked her what she would like. my dd will be 6 in november and she loves monster high so we are doing a monster high themed party. you can byu the stuff at walmart and party city if that is something she likes.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Bowling, gymnastics, rock climbing, pool (either at a Y or at a local hotel with an indoor pool), Chuck E. Cheese, movies, American girl (my dd hated that one from one of her friends). How's that for suggestions?
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 6:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Build a Bear does a nice party.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• girls that age love sleepovers and makeup parties with movies and popcorn and let them make cookies or something.
    Keni-Lyn

Answer by Keni-Lyn at 10:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I agree with MooNFaeRie. Ask her what she'd like.

I started invovling my kids in the decision about their party around their 2nd birthday. When they were little we'd go to the store and let them pick out a plate or something and then build whatever "theme" around that. My DD will be 8 on Wednesday. She's been defining what her party is going to be for years. I give her parameters -- "You can have x friends. We can have the party at home or out at some place. I'm willing to spend $y." This year we took 3 of her friends with us to Build a Bear. Last year we took a few friends with us to an art studio for a private class. The year before we had a tea-party at our house and her guests came dressed in their best dresses. ;) My son is 10 and we do the same with him. This year he asked if we could just take some friends to a movie and then out for ice cream.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Thanks she decided on a sleep over and 5 friends to disney on ice all inclusive lol
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2012