if your a californian and you get married in Nv is that still vaild in CA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• yes. its only not valid if you're gay and get married in Mass and move to another state
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• yes.
    Anonymous

• I have no clue if it has any relevance, but I got married in Colorado, and had to married in the County that I lived in. Then when I got a divorce, we had moved to another County so we had to get the divorce in our current county. I would assume if they are picky about Counties then they are about states too.
    Anonymous

• We've moved all over the country and our marriage is valid in every state. The answer is YES, your marriage is valid in CA, even if you got married in NV, as long as the marriage was legal and you have a marriage certificate.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 4:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• if you are a hetero couple then yes your marriage is valid any where.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 4:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yep. My friend who lives here in CA went to Hawaii to get married and their marriage is still perfectly legal.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• A marriage in any town/state/country is valid in every other town/state/country.
    BruisedEggplant

Answer by BruisedEggplant at 5:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yup - straight couples still enjoy that benefit.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009