Urgent and Very Important!

I'll try to be short!I got a call yesterday from a lady, who says that on two of her credit cards there have been 2 charges she didn't know about, and she called her bank and they gave her my info(phone#, address, name). She was extremely rude(which is understandable) and demanded I pay her the money! I don't know that lady, never heard of her, never charged anybody's credit card, I'm extremely shocked and she said she was going to press charges! I'm so terrified, I don't know what to do!My friends all say that it is a scam, and she's trying to pull money out of me, but what if she was scammed too, and we are both victims?I'm posting this Q in Just for fun section, cause it seems like it has more traffic!Please help me, and give me your ideas and advice, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• wow can banks do that? give out your info? how would the bank know YOU made the charge unless it was online? weird.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Let the police deal with it if she contacts them. Where that CC was used probably had cameras anyway. Do not pay a thing!
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• tell her that she needs to file an affidavit of fraud at her bank. the charges will be investigated as to who did them.

Banks would not just give out a person's name # number with a charge. They don't even have that info on hand, only merchants have that info. All the bank could have told her is the store/company the charges were made to.

personally, I think it just sounds like she's trying to scam you out of money by scaring you.
    Anonymous

• its def. a scam. because a bank is NOT allowed to give any account informations out to anybody. if so, then only if there is a court oder and/or lawyer.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Don't pay. It sounds like a scam to me. If she goes to the police then great! But I have a suspicion that she is just trying to scam some money from you.

Answer by Bmat at 4:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Don't give her anything!!!! It probably is a scam to get you to send money. Your name number and address is info that anyone could get. And the only thing that would be on her info is if you actually charged the card to your account, like a business does. Not just by using it. Where I work, if someone disputes a charge the BANK calls us and handles everything, they never have the customer call us.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Thank you ladies very much!! It sounds very much like a scam, but I have never been through this, and am very confused and scared!
    Anonymous

• SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Really sounds like a scam, call the bank and see what they say.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• SCAM-OLA.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009