Would you call this job immoral or not accept it?

Too funny & coincidental to me. My hubby has been a glass blower/welder for a little over 25 yrs. His line of work goes up & down with the economy. Of course right now..it is down. He has been looking for another p/t job..with not much success..myself also.

To the point--by the Grace of God, twist of fate, luck ...however you want to see it...he was offered this job through an aquaintance. It will be working in a glass shop making elaborate "smoking" pipes...lol. (yes those kind) I was unaware this was such big business. The owner is elated to get my experienced hubby. He will be able to work his hours...to HIS availability. We are seriously needing that little extra right now. I'm not one to care what others think...I just worry for mydd.

What are anyone's thoughts on this job?

Loryl

Asked by Loryl at 4:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't understand what the job offer has to do with you worrying for your DD... they are pipes, and pot is not the only thing you can smoke from them. you can smoke tobacco from them too.
    Anonymous

• If he can use his skill to make money - then GO GO GO GO GO GO.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• im with wimsey... and its not like hes MAKING people smoke, hes just making the device :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It depends on who you and your husband are morally. On one hand your husband isn't doing anything illegal and he is not forcing anyone to buy these pipes, nor is he forcing those who do buy the pipes to smoke anything illegal. If it bothers you and him too much than he will just have to find something else in the mean time to keep your family going.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 4:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with him taking the job. He may actually have fun making something different like that!
    Anonymous

• If you both don't have some huge moral opposition to the devices themselves, I would say take the job and be thankful that he has found employment that is flexible and utilizes his skills. If you are worried about what your dd might think, she doesn't have to know all the exact terms of daddy's employment. He isn't doing anything illegal or wrong, but she doesn't need details that may not suitable for her if you don't want to share them. All she needs to know is that mom and dad are taking care of her and she doesn't have to worry.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Be glad for the employment I am sure later if something better comes along God will lead him.Let him use his skills to feed his family.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• If it is against your moral code then he should not do it. If it does not why worry?
    Anonymous

• If you arent comfortable then do not do it.If it is illegal or makes you worry,dont do it.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• After reading the replies...and, thinking more about it. It will make dh more marketable because he will be working with a different type glass than he has been. He also thinks it might be kinda fun too! I was worried about dd's friends and their parents.

But...I'm not going to stress on it. It will keep us in our home for the moment.Thank goodness it happened when it did...whew!  He works in a glass shop...like he always has as far as others are concerned. Of course our closest friends & fam. will know. oopss now y'all know..lol

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 6:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009