Teenage drama help

I had an officer take my daughter to a place last night so she could calm herself down,now today she is demanding her cell phone back and computer. I told her that she gets all that back with good behavior.She said well since your such a bitch it'll be a month before I get anything back,which I said as long as you want to behave like that then yes it will be a long road for you. I know you don't approve of a child being taken by an officer,but when you have a daughter or son who does whatever they want you have no other option. She took off this weekend after I grounded her for not going to school on Friday and she took off anyways. She says she's going to do whatever she wants and that I can't do a damn thing about it. All she had to do was be grounded for one week and behave all that week an get her things back,instead she chose to be extremely ignorant towards her dad and I. I don't know what I can do other than hold my ground. She kicked a huge hole in my wall,she's destroying our home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• Stand your group and even have her sent to youth service is she keeps taking off. My "kiddie" jail will make her wise up
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Can I just tell you how scared she is making me right now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I think you might want to put her into treatment,, this is way beyond not having a cell phone, or minding, if you had the police invovled, I assume the contacted a social worker etc? I think your kiddo needs some help.. I can't make a judgement call if she is depressed, or just defiant, but it makes me wonder after a kid gets taken by the cops, they still can't seem to get it under contro. Is she messing with drugs?
    Call your insurance today, to set up some sort of treatmen/counseling, this is a road to nowhere if you don't resolve it.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• My husband is thinking of having her removed from the home for awhile,he says his brother did that,I don't know the outcome but I that will be my last resort.
    We have to gain control of her now. I wish I had done it long ago. Don't ever be a freind to your teens moms it won't work.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Stand your ground! You're strong and you can get through this, and your resolve is going to pay off later. Good luck.
    Moseley

Answer by Moseley at 11:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• put her in a youth treatment program for troubled kids.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Check out Tough Love. I think I said to you before that we as parents have to parent our children and not become friends with them. As young kids they are looking to us to guide them and instruct them and as teens they still need that guidance. Once you become their "friend" they will walk all over you.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I would talk to someone about her. Dr Phil, has on his website, some reputable youth treatment centers, check it out.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Sounds like there are some pretty major issues here- and she needs help.

*as for those who say you can't be your childs friend- BS. You can be both- and I think you should be. The problem is-when people want to JSUT be friends-and not do the parenting part
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Personally, I would have my child taken away by the police if she was running off and destroying my property. Criminal behavior receives criminal consequences. I agree with the others. Stand your ground. She needs to come to the understanding that:

1. Nobody owes her a THING other than food and a roof....not even that after 18.
    2. That you won't back down.\
    3. There are standards of behavior in your home

She better learn these things hard and fast, because if she behaves this way as an adult, she's going to absolutely ruin her life.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2012