Glucose test

ok i already did my first glucose test and it came back like 7 points higher than what it should have and then today they made me do the 3 hour one and i got blood drawn 4 times.Do you think these test can be worng?I really hope i dont have the gestaional diabetes.

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im not sure if they are wrong or not i wouldnt think so.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Well all depends... if you did the test correctly. You have to fast before taking the test. If you ate anything it could be wrong, but usually these things are pretty accurate. My friend had gestational diabetes... she said it was a real pain to stick herself with a needle every day. Good luck though. Hope all goes well.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 4:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• the 3hour one is the more accurate one and trusted one.

hope you dont have GD! *fingers crossed*
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 4:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I failed my 1hr glucose by a couple of points, but managed to pass my 4hr test (just barely). I was overweight for that pregnancy and I believe thats why I had a problem. I lost 40lbs before I had my second baby and managed to pass the glucose test with flying colors.
    If the second one comes back positive they are going to let you know what to do to control your diet so that you can keep your baby at a healthy weight for delivery.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i don't know if the test can be wrong but, i went through the same thing with my 3rd child. the diet stinks and the test its self made me so sick but in the long run it wasn't so bad i got a wonderful child .
    maltesemom4

Answer by maltesemom4 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I've had a doctor tell me I had it, then call me like a day later apologizing because she read the numbers wrong and I didn't have it... =\ I haven't gotten tested yet this pregnancy, but I hope I don't have it either :( My sister think I might have it because I weigh more this pregnancy than my last...and my mom had it with my brother.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I had it twice, it really is not a big deal as long as you test your blood regularly and follow the diet. It goes away when you have the baby so to keep you and your baby healthy its worth a little inconvience.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 4:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I took the 1 hour Tuesday and then Thursday was called back in to take the 3 hour one I have not heard back from them but mine was up over 12 than what is consider to be normal. So just hang in hope for the best and if it comes back there are meds that can help you.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009