Do you use castile soap for anything?

I read that is is very versitle and can be used for just about anything from bathing your body to making homemade laundry soap, dish soap etc.

I have recently got into making my own laundry soap and i have been using the zote bar and grating it and making a powder detergent. I really like it, but i have been interested in using the castile soap to make a liquid detergent. The castile soap comes in many different scents apparently. So i have beendoing some online shopping and was going to but some different scents of the castile soap and attempt to make laundry detergent, homemade cleaneers etc.

But i was curious befor ei buy them if anyone actually uses it and likes it. Do you use it for laundry detergent? If so what is your recipe? Do you use it for other things? If so what and what is your recipe?

I am always looking for creative ides so if you have any let me know too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I've used Dr. Bronner's Peppermint castile soap for years and years. My mom used to let me use a tiny bit of the "special" soap from when I was about 8. I use it in the shower mostly, although I have been known to wash a floor with it out of desperation here and there. I just poured a little into the water and washed.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• that is the brand i am looking at. There are lots of scents to choose from.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Dr. Bronners. I use different scents for different times of year. I keep a spray bottle with a diluted amount in it and use it as my "all purpose" cleaner. Other than vinegar and baking soda, I don't have to many other cleaning products in my house.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 3:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I would but the cost of using it to make laundry soap would be more expensive than buying regular detergent
    I make my own liquid detergent with Fels Naptha bar soap,borax,washing soda,and boiling water

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I use olive oil based Marseille soap for just about everything (it's even recommended for acne ...).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marseille_soap

We get it in bags of flakes for laundry but I only use it for handwashing. I'm not motivated enough to make my own liquid detergent. I grate it in hot water for floor washing and add a couiple of drops of essential oil if I feel like it (although the soap itself leaves a lovely clean smell).

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2012

• I do not use product, sorry.
    momw2teens522

Answer by momw2teens522 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• My sister uses it - she loves it.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2012

• I like the peppermint bar soap, but for dishes I prefer the Meyers brand- (Basil scented)
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2012

• We do use it for bathing at times.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2012