Buying your adult child something for their birthday?

i told the women i work with that im sending my daughter (who will be 20 on the 18th) that im sending her money to help her with her tattoo shes planning...i dont think its a bad thing...i was going to let her get one when she was 17, but she changed her mind because she didnt like the design anymore (it was a spur of the moment idea) but shes been planning this one since 2010 (when she found out she was pregnant) she just finished the design and emailed it to me it looks really cute, its for her son to so that makes it meaningful

so do you think its wrong of me to send my dd money to help with her tattoo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• There is nothing wrong with that.
    I feel bad for my husband, as his mother stopped buying him anything for his birthday once we had kids.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2012

• I am 30, my husband is 36. our folks *always* give us something for our b-day. it doesn't feel odd to any of us. they're still our moms/dads and they still love to see our faces light up!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2012

• No, my mom puts money into my account on my birthday. Now, it might not be for a tattoo, but she gives me $30 to spend how I wish. Whether that is going out to dinner, a new shirt, tattoo money, or just putting it towards a bill, that is my choice.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• You are sending her money she can do what ever se wants with that gift.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• nope
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2012