What is your favorite school fundraiser?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 5:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2012 in

• Candy bars!!! Chocolate with carmel filling!!! Oh gosh I want some right now!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 5:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Gosh, I really don't think I like any of them from the schools up here. At our old school we used to have a timed 5K and then also a fun run. They called it the Reindeer Run. They would also have a separate dinner where parents would buy tickets for the dinner and then each class had to put together one or two gift baskets to be auctioned off at the dinner in a silent auction. That school really knew how to raise funds. Oh, and the fun run would also have a kid carnival with some bounce houses and obstacle courses, and some other booths and entertainment.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Market Day!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• What's Market Day m-avi?
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• When I was in 5th grade we sold hoagies to raise money for 6th grade camp. They were delicious and easy to sell. Then I moved at the end of that year and couldn't even go to camp :( Lol. My son is selling the dreaded fudge, popcorn, and wrapping paper this year....ugh.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I liked jump rope for heart- do they still do that?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I hate them all. Our school does a basic fund drive, write a check to the HSA or PTO for what you feel you can afford. They make more money that way then selling wrapping paper, candy bars, frozen cheesecake or cookie dough. My feeling is the kids aren't allowed to bring any of those foods to school as part of their lunch or snack. Then why the hell are we allowing them to sell them. When my kids were in the pre-k program we sold pasta. It came in all kinds of shapes and we made $3/ 1lb bag. They sold for $5.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I didn't know anyone actually "liked" school fundraisers! I can't stand them. Overpriced crap that no one wants to buy!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I do not like any fundraisers!!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2012

• Holy cow people! I'm an old lady, and I love fundraisers! it's so much camaraderie and bonding. You really get to know these other moms. It's great

adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2012