My babys head tilts to one side..?

She is six months and her head tilts to the right. On the right side of her head the back right bone buldges out a little, it doesn't look huge but is noticeable. I asked the ped about it a few months ago and she said it should all flatten out but it hasn't. I am going to schedule her another appt but I need opinions, will it go away? She can move her head to the left it just mostly leans to the right. She can roll over and has just started sitting up by herself, she is a very good and happy baby! Any opinions would be great! And she sleeps on her back, never a swing if that helps !

Cannedus

Asked by Cannedus at 5:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I hope you find an answer, I bumped you too!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Thank you! I really appreciate it!
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• My cousin son had this her dr told her to lean him to tge othere side and massage his neckthe tendin(sp) can shorten ciz babys dont no/remember to tip there head the othere way -and and try when in the carseat/swing/bouncer to roll a small blanket. Beside her head so she can't let it tip that way --
    kashae4

Answer by kashae4 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I would say only a specialist could diagnose you for sure if it's anything. I think baby is fine personally. But I have no idea!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• My daughter's head tipped to one side as an infant. She had torticolis or Wry Neck. Basically the muscles on one side have tigthened up more than the other. A orthopedic specialist can evaluate your daughter to see if this is something your daughter has. In most cases the problem can be corrected with some simple stretching excercises. DD's face, on the side she tipped towards, was flat in comparison to the other side and her ear on that side was slightly higher. When we fed her, we held her so that the side she leaned was resting on our armand she had to stretch up and towards the other side a little. We had stretching excercises to do daily. When she sat in the high chair we had to strap her in and feed her from the side she did not lean so again she'd have to twist her head and stretch the muscle. In the end the excercises corrected her condition. Looking at her today (she'll be 8 on Wednesday) you'd never know she had it
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• Now, my DD did not have any appearance of a malformed bone to the side she leaned. She did, as I said, have a flatter chin line on that side and that ear was higher than the other. Once the muscle stretched and she could hold her head properly her face filled out and her ear shifted to it's proper spot.

Honestly, if she seems like she's unable to move her neck as she should be - if she can hold her head up straight by this point, if she tends to favor a side - I'd seek a specialist for an opinion. May be worth starting with the ortho and go from there.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2012