ways to go into labor!! :)

natural ways please.

what are some ideas? im 40 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There's no actual proven way that works 100% of the time. Some women swear by certain methods and other women claim those methods never worked for them. What the medical community suggests are long, slow walks, eating spicy foods, sex and nipple stimulation. I got my back adjusted at the Chiropractor and went into labor a few hours after. I've heard people swear by foot massages and prenatal massage. A full bladder can also stimulate contractions (I wouldn't recommend that, it's bad for your kidneys). Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Well I personally went into labor off of getting a foot massage. My mother-in-law is liscensed massage therapist and so she worked on my feet for an hour or two and ended up putting me into labor. It wasn't full blow labor but I started contracting and 2 days later I had my daughter. My MIL told me that there are I think 6 pressure points that you can work on when you are full term the ones she worked on are on the insides of your ankles. I think 2 others are right between your shoulders and clavical on the front. I think that is right. Well that's what did it for me. GOod luck.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• intercourse will make you go into labor. i know you are probally like WHAT!!! but seriously, on your side from behind. good luck!
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• lol depends on how far u are i mean if your like in the month of your due date like 2 3 weeks away then go out and have sex lol i know it sounds wiered
    callmecrazy722

Answer by callmecrazy722 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Going into labor is natural:   The hormonal interchange between mom, baby, and placenta~  Nature IS as natural as it gets!!      Because you will go through this, no need to have "natural" interventions.     At 40 weeks, your baby might not be ready just yet.  

If sex and/or walking haven't done/aren't doing it, then Nature-Baby-God is telling you it's not quite time just yet.

Don't worry it will be soon!!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• pressure points to induce labor
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009