does anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone else's child go through "spells" where it seems like they don't eat at all and if so, how do you deal with it? My son is 2 and is a little on the small side already, and it seems like he's barely eaten anything in 2 days. He doesn't seem to be sick and I'm pretty sure his 2 year molars are coming in-I guess could be the problem. Anyway-thanks for any help I can get. :D

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yep, my DD does that sometimes, I just give her the yoplait kids yogurt drinks i her sippy and I I will give her some ham or whatever and call it a cookie, then she eats it haha
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 4:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My 2 year old son likes to snack a lot. So I still give him his 3 meals and now I am looking for healthier snacks. He love bananas, apples, and strawberries. So he eats snacks throughout the day. And we started giving him a vitamin each day.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• don't you have days where you just graze all day? i sure do. other times that i barely eat all day. i'm a big girl, and i enjoy my food, don't get me wrong... make sure that when HE decides to eat, you've got something healthy for him to snack on. the more active he is, the more he SHOULD eat. it's good he doesn't seem sickly. he'll be ok. good luck with him!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 4:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My grandson is going through that right now. His top teeth are cutting through. I also thought something was wrong but it was just his gums irritating him.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• that happens with my daughter all the time. her doctor said it was normal. if they are hungry they will eat if not dont make a battle out of it its not worth it, we still have her sit at the table with us even if shes not hungry

marissad

Answer by marissad at 5:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My son is like that too. There are days where he will eat & eat & there are days where he doesn't want to bother. We give him a vitamin every day & he drinks juice, water, milk. If he's not eating much but he is drinking, I don't worry because at least he's keeping himself hydrated. If he's not eating much, we always have little cups of fruit & he eats those no matter what.
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009