Should I be mad?

Should I be mad? One of my so-called best friends told me like 7-8 months ago (while I was still pregnant) that she was going to make me a baby shower. I bought the invitations for it, gave them to her and here I am 7-8 months later, my baby is now 5 months, and still no baby shower. BUT she is making a baby shower TOMORROW for a girl she's only known for 4-5 months. To top that off she invited me to it! So do I have a right to be mad!?

Momma2beauties

Asked by Momma2beauties at 4:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• i would be hurt. and i would remember it next time she wants to do something for you.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Oh my. This is really a terrible shame. Yes of course you are right to feel badly hurt and miffed besides. Perhaps, to clear the air, you should bring it up to her to find out what is going on. Especially since you bought the invitations. You should probably go to the shower for the other lady if you know her, since that would be the nice thing to do. But sometime afterwards ask her what's up. And if she says she didn't remember offering to give the shower, ask her what she thought the invitations were for.

Answer by Bmat at 4:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• you can't get mad that your friend is a flake. you picked her! it's ok to still be her friend, but now you know what kind of friend she is, and that you can't rely on her like you'd hoped. i feel your disappointment. i'm sorry that she let you down like that. rather than being sad for what you don't have, be happy for what you do have, and enjoy that precious baby of yours. i probably would try to sit down over a cup of coffee somewhere in a neutral setting and let her know how you had counted on her and were so excited about your upcoming shower, and that you're really sad that it never happened. i'm guessing that when your other friends offered, you told them SHE was throwing your party, so now you've had none. you'll feel better after you calmly talk to her, share your feelings, and get it off your chest. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 4:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think I would be pretty upset and hurt. She should've told you if she changed her mind and decided not to do it. Did you ever ask her anything about it like the date or anything? Maybe she couldn't do it for some reason and was too embarrassed to say anything. Maybe she was hoping that you forgot that she said she would. I hope she didn't use the invites you gave her for this other shower!!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think I would be more offended than mad but the lesson is people are people. We learn as adults to choose our friends and as we grow some people title friends get bumped to associates. I would just move on and still have my own baby shower.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would ask her about it! Remind her she said she would give you one!
    Anonymous

• I would at least ask for the money for the invitations back....how rude of her.
    Anonymous

• You bought the invitations. She probably figured you were giving yourself the shower. I would be more upset that I did such a tasteless thing as you did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• How is it tasteless if she told me if I found cute invites to get them? And if I bought them because I was doing it why would I have given them to her? Common sense!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2009