• In the Spotlight:

crock pot wonders?

I absolutely love my crock pot!!
I love making roasts in it and chili's
So far, I'm limited to those as I'm not quite sure what else I can make in it.
Anyone have any simple meal ideas all done in the crock pot??
i love incorporating veggies (as hubby doesnt eat them much otherwise)
Thanks

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 4:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i like to go to grocery store and get the crock pot meals in the freezer section. they have chicken n dumplings (with vegies) and beef stew also with vegies. but they take like 8 hours to cook
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I've tried those and find them rather small myself, I made the chicken caccitore one for myself and my hubby and all we got was one bowl each...not enough...:(
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 4:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have those crock pot classic dinners too and its not enough but they are so good. I like to cook pinto beans in mine with meat flavoring. Also I just did this out of curiousity one day, I cooked collard greens in it and added seasoning. I let it cook all day until dinner was ready. Oh my goodness, they were delicious and tender.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I add extra vegetables to the crock pot classics. The meals are a little too salty for my taste, and the vegetables cut the salt down a bit.

I cook my husband's steel cut oats in a small crockpot I have. the crockpot was so cute I couldn't resist it, and when it came on sale I bought it but then had to figure out what to cook in it. It has the same light and dial that my bigger crock pot has but it holds just a week's worth of oatmeal.

Answer by Bmat at 4:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Take 2 or 3 chicken breasts some cream of chicken (or cream of mushroom) soup some sour cream and one of the soup cans full of water and throw it all in the crock pot. My special touch is some of the Italian dry mix ranch stuff that comes in little packets and is meant for salad dressing. Let everything cook until the chicken is completely white (about 2 hours on the "high" setting). At the last minute you can put together some rice and enjoy it with the sauce.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Usually anything that's soup-, stew-, or casserole-like will work in a crockpot.

Shoot, I even make my spaghetti in it! lol
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't have any easy croc pot recipe, but I will say my favorite thing to make in it is Paula Deen's Macaroni & Cheese(you can google it for the recipe). Its the BEST Macaroni & Cheese I have ever had.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I make stew that my husband loves

stew meat, potatoes, carrots, celery, tomato soup, beef boullion cubes, s & p - cook all day and serve w/ rice.

Chili and veggie soup are also good in the crock pot.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 4:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2009